Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This is a freezer cooking blog right?


Freezer cooking will begin soon but because it is a holiday week I decided to share some of my favorite holiday recipes with all of you. The first is my recipe for Pecan Pie, I tried for years to find just the right recipe and eventually decided to combine two and now have exactly what I want. Kentucky Pecan Pie has become a family favorite and every year at Thanksgiving my family asks me to bring it along.

Disclaimer I did not say that this recipe was healthy or even remotely good for you but it sure does taste good!

Kentucky Pecan Pie

1 (9 in.) pie shell
½ C Light corn syrup
½ C Dark corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
1/3 cup melted butter
3 whole eggs
1 cup pecans

Combine all ingredients and place in one 9-inch pie shell.
Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment